Sunday, December 21, 2008

Ch-ch-ch-Changes...

Yesterday I accompanied a friend to the local beauty supply store, and helped her pick out a new colour for her. I picked something I thought strange for her (she's conservative) : Mahogony violet.
Turns out: I'm AWESOME at colour. Here's my proof.

Later that day, I decided I wanted to colour my hair. Mine was boring, common, and not very flattering anymore.

I went red. RED red.

We used Framesi's 2:1 high lift colour in Hypnotic Red. The people who applied the colour, all along, "Are you sure, Chelsea? This looks kinda pink..." "But 40 volume developer!? Your head's gonna BURN..." The whole time, all I heard was skepticism.

I trudged on through. I was adament that this was my colour. They threw me under the dryer, and kept checking my hair, more so out of fear than obligation.

When my head was appropriately warm and toasty, Bridgette washed out my hair. First words to come out of her mouth: WOW.
Jennali used Color Off on my hairline and said, "Wow."
Dani started blowdrying my hair and said, "Wow!"

My teacher, Mr. Mario, was the first person to actually say a coherent sentence that made any sense to me, "This colour matches your skin tone EXACTLY, you look great!" (No, he doesn't talk like a gay man, he talks like a Mexican. ... Mostly because he is one.)
Daniel, my favorite floor student, came up and played with my hair. "Oh my god, Chelsea, look! Your eyes just... POP!"
It was that moment, that first floor student's approach, launched a .... well, a touching party is the best name I can come up with. Nearly every person who came up to look at my new colour played with it.
"It feels so healthy!"
"This is with FOURTY volume developer!?"
"That's so not school colour..."
"Ah! Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind!"
"Not many people can pull off this colour... and it looks like you were supposed to have it."

Yeah, I'm totally awesome at colour.
Trust me; I'm the girl with flaming red hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment